Reservation Policy and Guidelines
Hours of Operation
The Carl Fields Center office hours are Monday through Friday 9:00am - 5:00pm during the academic year.
- Weekday Hours
- Open from 7:00 a.m. to 8:30 p.m.
- Locked, but accessible with TigerCard from 8:30 p.m. to midnight
- Weekend Hours
- Locked, but accessible with TigerCard from 7:00 a.m. to 8:30 p.m.
- For events happening at the Carl Fields Center after 11:00pm Monday through Friday and on weekends, Public Safety will be notified of your event and the doors should be unlocked during your scheduled event.
- If there are any issues upon your arrival please contact Public Safety at 8-5771.
All student organizations, academic and professional departments must reserve the Carl A. Fields Center by completing a request using 25live.
Prior to submitting requests on 25Live all groups should reference the R25 scheduling calendar to ensure the space they want is available. If there is a conflict, the requester must find an alternative date, time, or room.
You will receive an update on your request within 72 hours. If your event is approved, you will receive a confirmation email to ensure the time, date, and space is accurate.
Reservations requests are coordinated by the Carl Fields Center, Fieldscenter@princeton.edu during the academic year. Summer reservations from June 1-August 15 will be coordinated by University Scheduling. If you would like to make a request during this time, please submit the online request form at https://scheduling.princeton.edu.
- All events hosted in the Carl Fields Center for Equality and Cultural Understanding have to be directly related to our mission and vision for the center. This is our effort to keep the space Princeton student oriented and open for other potential events.
- Please refer to our mission, pillars and past events. Feel free to email the Carl Fields Center at Fieldscenter@princeton.edu, if you are unsure about your event.
- Events hosted by non-student Princeton affiliated groups can be reserved no earlier than 90 days from the time the space is needed. Please note again, all events hosted in the Carl Fields Center for Equality and Cultural Understanding have to be directly related to our mission and vision for the center. This is our effort to keep the space Princeton student oriented and open for other potential events.
- Groups and departments will be held responsible for any damages or lost items in the space during the time of their reservation.
- There must be a direct contact person for every event. We should be able to reach this person if issues arise, they may or may not be the same person listed on 25Live.
- The Carl A. Fields Center is not responsible for any lost or stolen items in the space. Please do not leave personal belongings unattended. If something is stolen, please contact public safety (609)-258-1000 to make a report.
Building Service Policies
Work Orders for Events
It will be your responsibility to contact Building Services at least 10 days before your event to produce a work order for all of your setup and cleanup needs in the Multi-Purpose Room (104) or any event in the space where you need set-up and clean-up.. You can submit your request by calling 8-3490 or by visiting Facilities Request
- When you log-on please select "Submit an event support request". The Carl Fields Center is listed at “Prospect Ave, 58” under event locations.
- Please note that work orders are mandatory, and that no set ups or clean ups will take place without one. You will run the risk of your event not being properly set up if the new procedures are not followed in a timely manner.
- You may not set up your own event if it’s is held in the Multipurpose Room (104).
- When cancelling an event you must notify FieldsCenter@princeton.edu and email@example.com within 48 hours of your scheduled event. Both e-mail addresses must be notified. If the cancellation is not received within a 48-hour window, your account will be charged a standard clean up charge.
- Department or group chart strings are required for all events.
**The fields center has approximately 15 round tables, 200 chairs, 6 foot tables, and a stage for indoor use only. If you need outside furniture please contact facilities. There is no charge to rent the rooms, tables, or chairs for Princeton affiliated groups. However, there is a fee for set-up, clean-up and an additional fee for weekends.**
If you have any questions contact Ed Dixon, 8-3226, firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Carl A. Fields Center is one of the only spaces on campus where students are allowed to cook and distribute food to their groups on campus. With this privilege comes responsibility.
Reservations for the kitchen must be made through 25Live.
- Students, faculty and staff, regardless of your affiliation, must adhere to the Princeton University food guidelines if people intend on cooking for events.
- Throw away all trash and recyclables in appropriate garbage cans.
- Clean stove and counter tops after use.
- Note missing cleaning items (wipes, dish washing liquid, sponges, etc.) on the Needs List posted on the refrigerator.
- This space is equipped with an oven, one refrigerator, one refrigerator-freezer, three large stainless steel sinks, and supply drawers.
- There are two refrigerators located in the kitchen. You may store food prep items or food for events and personal use in the refrigerator. Please label the food with your name, email and date.
- This will be at your own risk. Princeton University nor CAF are responsible for any items stolen from the refrigerator or kitchen.
- Any food that is not labeled will be disposed.
- Keep the refrigerator clean. Do not put leaking or uncovered food in the refrigerator.
- Do not take anything from the refrigerator or cabinets without permission.
Audio Visual Policies
If you plan to use the A/V equipment available here at the Carl Fields Center and are not familiar with it, please contact the Media Services department at 609-258-3196, (8-3196 on campus), or email@example.com . You will need to schedule an appointment with a technician at Media Services to:
Give you a one-on-one training session with the A/V equipment here at the Fields Center before your event.
Provide assistance on the day of your event. (This service is chargeable to your PRIME chart string number)
Use of the Media Closet
- All request for use media closet in the Multipurpose Room 104 after hours (5pm) or on weekends must contact our student Event Support Staff via email firstname.lastname@example.org with the time they will arrive for the event and the equipment they need.
- Upon set-up for the event the host must complete the Media Equipment Request Form provided by The Carl Fields Center stating the time they picked up the key, the equipment needed for the event and a signature assuming responsibility for any damaged or misplaced equipment.
- The Event Support Staff will be present throughout the event. When the event is over the key must be returned to the intern. They will check equipment and note when they received the key to ensure the host of the events are not charged post their event.
- Equipment includes: projector, sound system, blu ray dvd, and cable for tv viewing.
Also, please be aware that if you are serving ALCOHOL at your event, a public safety officer MUST be contracted and present during your entire event. Please contact the Public Safety office to arrange this service at 8-5771.
Affinity Room Spaces
There are four affinity spaces located on the second floor of the Center:
·Black Student Affinity Room (205)
· Latinx Affinity Room (204)
· Asian/Asian American Affinity Room (207)
· Arab/Middle-Eastern Affinity Room (209).
These spaces are only available to students through 25Live. Students must clean up after themselves. Do not leave food, dishes, or garbage in the rooms. CAF is not responsible for personal items left in unattended rooms.