Reservation Policy and guidelines
Hours of Operation
The Carl Fields Center office hours are Monday through Friday 9:00 am - 5:00 pm during the academic year.
- Weekday Hours: The building is opened from 7:00 am to 8:30 pm. From 8:30 pm to midnight, the building is locked but accessible with TigerCard.
- Weekend Hours: The building is locked on the weekends, but accessible with TigerCard from 7:00 a.m. to 8:30 p.m.
- For events happening at the Carl Fields Center after 11:00pm Monday through Friday and on weekends, Public Safety will be notified of your event and the doors should be unlocked during your scheduled event. If there are any issues upon your arrival please contact Public Safety at 8-5771.
All student organizations, academic and professional departments must reserve the Carl A. Fields Center by completing a request using 25live.
Prior to submitting requests on 25Live all groups should reference the R25 scheduling calendar to ensure the space they want is available. If there is a conflict, the requester must find an alternative date, time, or room.
You will receive an update on your request within 72 hours. If your event is approved, you will receive a confirmation email to ensure the time, date, and space is accurate.
Reservations requests are coordinated by the Carl A. Fields Center during the academic year. Reservations made between June 1st and August 15th are coordinated by University Scheduling. If you are requesting the reservation of a space within the Carl Fields Center between those two dates, please submit the online request form via https://scheduling.princeton.edu.
All events hosted in the Carl A. Fields Center need to be directly related to our mission and vision for the center. This is our effort to ensure the vision of the center is being properly represented. Please refer to our mission, pillars and past events. Feel free to email the Carl A. Fields Center at Fieldscenter@princeton.edu, if you are unsure if you event follows alongside these guidelines.
Events hosted by non-student Princeton affiliated groups can be reserved no earlier than 90 days from the time the space is needed. Reservation requests can be submitted prior to 90 days before the event, but will not be confirmed until the 90 day mark. This will be on a first come, first serve basis. Please note again, all events hosted in the Carl A. Fields Center need to be directly related to our mission. This is our effort to ensure the vision of the center is being up help.
Groups and departments will be held responsible for any damages or lost items in the space during the time of their reservation.
There must be a direct contact person for every event. We should be able to reach this person if issues arise, they may or may not be the same person listed on 25Live.
Building Service Policies
- It will be your responsibility to contact Building Services at least 10 days before your event to produce a work order for all of your setup and cleanup needs in the Multi-Purpose Room (104) or any event in the space where you need set-up and clean-up. You can submit your request by calling 8-3490 or by visiting Facilities Request. When you log-on please select "Submit an event support request". The Carl Fields Center is listed at “Prospect Ave, 58” under event locations.
- Please note that work orders are mandatory, and that no set ups or clean ups will take place without one. You will run the risk of your event not being properly set up if these procedures are not carried out in a timely manner. You may not set up your own event if it is held in the Multipurpose Room (104).
- When cancelling an event, you must notify FieldsCenter@princeton.edu and firstname.lastname@example.org within 48 hours of your scheduled time. Both e-mail addresses must be notified. If the cancellation is not received within a 48-hour window, your account will be charged a standard clean up fee.
- Department or group chart strings are required for all events.
Note: The fields center has approximately 15 round tables, 200 chairs, 6 foot tables, and a stage for indoor use only. If you need outside furniture please contact facilities. There is no charge to rent the rooms, tables, or chairs for Princeton affiliated groups. However, there is a fee for set-up, clean-up and an additional fee for weekends.
If you have any questions contact Ed Dixon, 8-3226, email@example.com.
Audio Visual Policies
If you plan to use the A/V equipment available at the Carl A. Fields Center and are not familiar with it, please contact the Media Services department at 609-258-3196, (8-3196 on campus), or firstname.lastname@example.org. You will need to schedule an appointment with a technician at Media Services to give you a one-on-one training session with the A/V equipment before your event and provide assistance on the day of your event. This service is chargeable to your PRIME chart string number.
Use of the Media Closet
- All request for use media closet in the Multipurpose Room 104 after 5 p.m. or on weekends must be made to our student Event Support Staff via email email@example.com declaring the time they will arrive for the event and the equipment that will be needed.
- Upon set-up for the event, the host must complete the Media Equipment Request Form provided by The Carl A. Fields Center stating the time they picked up the key, the equipment needed for the event, and a signature assuming responsibility for any damaged or misplaced equipment.
- The Event Support Staff will be present throughout the event. When the event is over, the key must be returned to the intern on duty. They will check equipment and note when they received the key to ensure the host of the events are not charged post their event.
Equipment includes: projector, sound system, blu ray dvd, and cable for tv viewing.
The Carl A. Fields Center is one of the only spaces on campus where students are allowed to cook and distribute food to their groups on campus. With this privilege comes responsibility. This space is equipped with an oven, one refrigerator, one refrigerator-freezer, three large stainless-steel sinks, and supply drawers.
Students, faculty and staff, regardless of your affiliation, must adhere to the Princeton University food guidelines if people intend on cooking for events.
Throw away all trash and recyclables in appropriate garbage cans.
Clean stove and counter tops after use.
Note missing cleaning items (wipes, dish washing liquid, sponges, etc.) on the Needs List posted on the refrigerator.
There are two refrigerators located in the kitchen. You may store food prep items or food for events and personal use in the refrigerator. Please label the food with your name, email and date. This will be at your own risk. Princeton University nor CAF are responsible for any items stolen from the refrigerator or kitchen. Any food that is not labeled will be disposed. Keep the refrigerator clean. Do not put leaking or uncovered food in the refrigerator.
Do not take anything from the refrigerator or cabinets without permission.
If you are serving alcohol at your event, a public safety officer MUST be contracted and present during the entirety of the event. Please contact the Public Safety office to arrange this service at 8-5771.
Rooms Available for Reservation
Carl A. Fields Conference Room 205 - CFCTR205
Max Capacity: 15 people
Carl A. Fields Class of 1985 Room 105
Max Capacity: 25 people
Carl A. Fields Café Room 106
Max Capacity: 15 people
Carl A. Fields Multipurpose Room 104
Max Capacity: 150 people
Carl A. Fields Kitchen
Max Capacity: 5 people